wip wednesday

Wow, it's been far too long since I've posted one of these. I guess that's a good thing, though, since I had a flurry of finishes over Christmas break. Believe it or not, I still have two quilts to show you! I don't yet have pictures, but that's what happens when you go into work at o'dark-thirty and leave again at o'dark-thirty. Maybe this weekend.

Grad-school is back in full swing and the stress has already skyrocketed.  I'm hoping it's just typical re-entry stress and that it will be gone in a week or so.  In the meantime, lots of chocolate....


Study aids.  :o)


In-Progress:  Oh My Stars and Bethlehem Star quilts.

I haven't touched the Bethlehem Star quilt and have only managed one star in the Oh My Star's Quilt Along.  One.  So sad.


One down...110 to go.  (yikes!)


Only 110 to go. *sigh*  I have the others in this "set" cut and the flying geese parts together.  Maybe I can get the blocks formed this weekend.


New Projects: Knitting and Sewing Room Makeover

I can't remember if I've shared this or not, but I started a beginners class with a friend Thursday before last and it's so fun.  Next class is tomorrow.  I'm supposed to have 10-inches done on my scarf and I have about two.  Guess what I'm doing tonight?  *cough*


Beginning knitting class


first stitches (mine is the blue)


On the sewing room front, a friend of mine came over last Saturday and helped me get the ball rolling.  I'll be using Terrain as my inspiration fabric - there's a surprise.  The walls will be a light aqua/teal and we're re-purposing some old office furniture that was in our storage room (that used to be a home-office).   Next up: Cleaning out the room so I can paint.

Well, ok... next step is actually buying paint.  :)


Finishes:

I did manage to finish my latest iPad case and I've gotten an incredible amount of comments on it.  Once again, if you haven't checked out Faith's website you should check it out.  Fabulous tutorials for just about anything you can imagine.


iPad case - for me this time!  :)


And finally, thanks so much to everyone who voted for me in the Quilting Gallery contest last week and left such wonderful comments.  Jane's Black and White Quilt took first place!...y'all really know how to make a girl feel good.  :)

I'm working at Karen Gray's this weekend for one of her famously huge sales.  I hope all the locals will stop by.  I enjoy working for her and am actually in process of setting up my first teaching class there.  Woot!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced...for the first time in what seems like forever.  Hope you'll hop over there and do the same!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy Wednesday!


Comments

  1. Yay for the win on your black/white quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see your black and white quilt win over at the Quilting Gallery. This week I have a quilt up. The theme is winter landscape, and I posted "A night run at Snowshoe". Hope you will vote for mine this time around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the black/white quilt win!!

    Love the ipad cover. The fabric is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the IPad case and the black and white win. Before to long you'll be knitting in front of the tv. LOL, that's what I do, but only shows I watch regularly as I tend to only stare at my knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ipad case is great and that star is just perfect! I had to laugh at o'dark thirty. I think that's how my husband feels in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the black and white quilt win! Your ipad cover looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sawtooth star is gorgeous! Congrats on your black and white quilt. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your star is beautiful. Look at those points! And remember that the journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step. Can't wait to see your finished quilt. Congratulations on winning first place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the win! I will definitely see you at Karen Gray on Saturday for the sale!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment