postage stamp quilt

Last night, the boys had a friend over to spend the night. It was the first "successful" sleepover...meaning no I-wanna-go-home's at near-midnight. The coolest part is that they really needed minimal supervision.  They mostly played LEGOs and watched movies.  Which means, I got to catch up on sewing.

Because I'm so behind on Rachel's postage stamp quilt-along, I chose to focus on it last night.  I was able to sew all but four strip sets.  At that point, the boys came downstairs to watch TV.  So, I switched to cutting since my sewing machine can get a little loud when trying to watch TV.

So, I cut... 

IMG_1690

and cut...

IMG_1689

and cut.

IMG_1687


Until I had a nice pile of strips to sew together.

IMG_1691

All of the sewn-together sets are now in neat little piles, ready to be pieced together.

I still have the four sets to sew and cut, then I can start assembling the blocks.  I hope to get all of that done today.

The quilt top has to be assembled by Feb 1 to enter the contest.  A hundred bucks of moda fabric on the line.  How can I *not* try to win?

Comments