mug rug #1

I was so excited about the new Mug Rug madness over at Two More Seconds - and about finally getting my machine back last night - that I went straight home and got to work on the first mug rug challenge.  The tutorial was from Miss Nova at A Cuppa and a Catch Up and was quite darling.

But... me being me... I had to change it up a bit.  LOL!

First, I'm not a big tea drinker, unless it's iced and syrupy sweet, so that had to go.  But, I like the stripes and the letters... so I substituted my own word... Java!!  Here is my little creation.


And she's reversible!!



I used the Central Park jelly roll strips I had leftover after I cut my fabric for the FlipSide quilt I'm doing.  The letters are from Pea Alexis, one of Amanda's Font's for Peas that I simply printed out, fused, cut and ironed on.  I may go back and applique them, but not sure about that just yet.  We'll see how they hold up.

Oh, I love it.  I have it sitting on my desk, holding my java, of course. It's such a bright little addition to my otherwise boring desk.  :)

It was so easy to make...probably under two hours, and that includes hand-stitching the binding to the back.  I'm seriously in love with these little creations and see many more in my future!


Photobucket

Comments

  1. So cute! Makes me want to make one NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little project - I like that it's reversible!
    Your mug rug turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mug rug! It looks great in Central Park, and the letters are such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment