Hotlanta!

Let me just start by saying this... I love Atlanta.

I don't know why.  I'm a country girl and I like my long patches of fields, trees, and nothingness. But I've always liked Atlanta. Even as a kid, I can remember saying that if I ever had to live in a big city, it would be Atlanta.

This weekend, I visited there once again...mostly driving through this time as I was actually south of Atlanta in Peachtree City.  I was there for an Operation Christmas Child conference. I am a year-round volunteer for them, but more on that in another post.

While in Atlanta Peachtree City, I was able to do something I've been wanting to do since I was a teenager...can you guess? Here's a hint:

IMG_2165

I was **finally** able to go see a Braves game!

I've been a fan practically my whole life...I mean, who else is there to pull for around here??  LOL!!  But given my strange attraction for Atlanta, it only makes sense that I love their baseball team.  Land of the Free, Home of the Braves, right??  :)


The hotel was only a half-hour away and the game turned out to be so much fun.  We had planned to scalp some tickets, thinking it would be a slow crowd so we could get a good price.  Turns out it was very slow - too slow for scalpers!  As we made our way to the ticket stand, a man approached with two free tickets, asking if we'd like them.  Uh... yeah!   That's right, we got in for free!

Here I am inside...

IMG_2166

The stadium was gorgeous!  And, while I hate that I never saw them in Fulton County Stadium, this place was phenomenal.  So much to see and do...and the history that is peppered throughout!  I think you could spend hours there even without a game going on.

We ended up hopping around the stadium most of the night because the crowd was so thin that the ushers weren't stopping people except at the lower level. Here is the view from where we decided to eat our hot dogs...

IMG_2167


Eventually, we settled on seats near first base, somewhere in the middle of the fifth inning. The view was wonderful and I was surprised at how well we could see. Just a touch of zoom on the camera and I got this...

IMG_2171


Unfortunately, my Bravos lost that night to the Marlins.  But given my oldest son plays for the Marlins in little league, it wasn't too bitter a disappointment.  LOL.

I'll be back in Atlanta in June, but no time for a game on that one-day trip.  We hope to take the boys down later this summer (the Marlin player is actually a huge Braves fan).

Next stadium stop after that??  Taking my youngest to Wrigley.  He played for the Cubs in t-ball and was convinced he played for the *real* Chicago Cubs. 

Once I got home from my trip, we sat around chatting and decided on a cool family goal - seeing at least one game in every major league field.  Granted, it may take us 20 years, but that would be an awesome thing to do.   Anyone want to go with us??  :)



Photobucket

Comments