my cheesy mac

I'm a terrible mother. 

Well, ok, maybe not...but some days I sure feel that way. 

I had full intentions of coming home tonight and making an incredibly delicious looking Cheeseburger Macaroni recently posted by Amanda. It looks crazy easy. But life happens, and to top it off, I didn't have all the ingredients. So, this is what we ate instead...

IMG_2062

I cooked a pound of ground beef and made two boxes of Trader Joe's Organic White Cheddar Shells. (Um, separately...but you probably figured that.) Once done, I prepped the shells according to the box directions adding the standard butter, milk, and cheese, and drained the beef. I added about half the beef to the prepped shells, tossed in a pinch or so of garlic powder, onion powder and seasoned salt and...Voila!. My cheesy mac. 

Not counting the time it took to heat the water, I'd say I spent a grand total of 15 minutes on it. 

No running to the store, no spending even more money this week at a restaurant. (And a cooked half-pound of beef to freeze for future spaghetti!). Not fancy or gourmet...just necessary. 

Perfect for the days you have to get up at 4:40 a.m. to take your hubby to the airport (90 minutes away) for an unplanned trip, drive back, and work a full day in the office so all you want to do at dinner is collapse. 

Yeah...that kinda day.  

But my kids are laughing on the sofa, we're all in our PJs, and one of our favorite movies is playing. 

Maybe I'm not such a terrible mother after all.  :-)

Photobucket

Comments

  1. That looks delicious! I'd eat that in a minute. I remember one night I throwing some chicken nuggets and french fries in the oven **cringing** and was feeling especially guilty about the third quick dinner in a row. My eight year old son walked in the room and declared, "Finally! A good meal."

    That became my new catch phrase for whenever I cooked something totally guilt-inducing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment