WIP Wednesday

I've missed out on a few of these Wednesday reports, but don't worry - I have plenty of WIP's to share!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


The first, which you also saw yesterday, is Matt's coffee quilt.

IMG_2889.jpg

I ran out of brown thread last night [insert mild expletive].  The good news is that it's a color I can also use on Trenton's Guitar Quilt, and probably even a couple of others.  So I can buy plenty without feeling too guilty about it.


Next up, Jane's Black and White quilt...all blocks are done!!

IMG_2413-1_edited-2.JPG

Next step is to trim them up and start attaching them.  I actually started joining them before my trip in May, only to realize that they weren't trimmed.  Quite frustrating to think you are at Point D in a project only to find yourself still at Point C.  Getting there.

My big audacious goal... to have both of these ready to bind before I go on vacation.  Matt has banned my sewing machine, so having something to bind makes me feel like I'm still getting stuff done.  Less than two weeks to get that done.


Of course, I have plenty more WIPs in various stages; but I haven't worked on these in the last week or so.
  •  Fabric cut, ready to make blocks:
    • Flipside quilt
    • Sierra's Berries quilt

And, because I have nothing else to do, I've started a Bethlehem Star class with my quilt group at church.  Can you say A-D-D?  Yeah, it's bad. 

I desperately want to join in on the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along, but I think it would push me over the edge.  Since it's a year-long project, I'm thinking maybe I can join in later after I tackle some of these others.  Maybe.  Sometimes blog-land is just too tempting!

So - gimme the scoop!!  What are you working on???  Do you have as many WIPs as I do... more???  I'd love to know!  And don't forget to link up over at Freshly Pieced, too!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Photobucket

Comments

  1. (Here via your link on Freshly Pieced)

    Oh, both of your quilts-in-progress look delightful!

    As for me--I've got *lots* of WIPs, and I'm chugging away at them. I'm hoping to get at least one of my current tops together before the Kaleidoscope QAL starts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! You're right about blog land being too tempting sometimes!

    www.wentworthcountyquiltworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like me, I have plenty of WIPs to keep me busy when I add more to my plate.

    I love the way your quilt top is coming out. Especially the black/white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Jane's black and white quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh....LOVE, love, love it!!! Can't wait to see it in person *squeal*.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your black and white quilt! I did one recently with "windmills" and they were fun to make:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your black and white. I know what you mean about not starting another project. I have so many now I can't see straight but I already said I was going to do Leila's Skill Builder Sampler. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your black and white quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects are looking real nice, I love the coffee fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, yeah. I've totally got more WiPs than you do. And I leave for a "sewing machines are banned" vacation this Saturday!
    I love your black and white quilt. I think the blocks are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your black and white quilt, it is so striking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment