WIP Wednesday - making progress

This past week has been wonderful for making some serious progress in my WIP-busting.  I've been able to spend some significant time at my machine, and a few hours at the long-arm.  In fact, I'm going there tomorrow with another project... yay!!

Here's a run down of my week....

Guitar Quilt:

On Thursday, I finally got to quilt my son's guitar quilt.  You may remember from this post that I was supposed to quilt it before vacation but wasn't able to.  This time I made an appointment that coincided with two of their classes so I made sure they were open.  Here it is mid-way through the session.  It took about 2-1/2 hours to finish, set up included.  Not too bad. 




IMG_3095


The binding is now on and about 30% stitched down (I do that part by hand).

Suduko Quilt:
I have finished the top on this one.  I took a couple of snapshots but, honestly, I don't like how any of them turned out.  My appointment tomorrow with the long-arm is for this one, so stay tuned to see it.  It's using Oasis by Moda and turned out just beautiful!

Bethlehem Star Quilt:
I've managed to cut all my strips out and put together four sets that will be used to build diagonals.




IMG_3108.JPG


We also had a class this week and started to piece the glows together.  It was my first paper-piecing session in over three years and I had forgotten how much I loved it.




IMG_3106_edited-1.JPG


The points you can obtain with paper piecing are just amazing...must keep this up!

Sierra's Quilt:
All the blocks are finished on this one, and looking oh, so cute.  Pics will be up very soon...I thought I had some to post some today, but can't find them so I'm guessing I never took them.  


Not touched this week:
  • Mexican Star Quilt - still sitting in my bucket.  It's a wall hanging for my office, so probably lowest on my priority list.

  • Jane's B&W Quilt - All the blocks are done and trimmed.  Putting this one together won't take long as the blocks are large and few, comparatively speaking. 

  • Flipside Quilt - No movement in months.  I'll probably have to dust the fabric off at this point.  This one is also for me, so low priority. 


...and finally:
I was able to give Molly her quilt last night. So stinking cute.




IMG_3119_wm.JPG


I also busted hubby sneaking a nap under his coffee quilt.  He says it works well.  :)




IMG_3104


I love, love, love seeing my quilts in action.  Warms my heart and makes the time and effort so worthwhile. 

Don't forget to link up with your progress report!! And, if you're busting out some WIPs - why not join the Sew Shine WIP Challenge?? It's really kept me on my toes!







WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Photobucket

Comments

  1. lovely quilts, all of them and to see them in action is great! Found you through WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work! The guitar quilt looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great! I love the guitar quilt especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true it is that seeing our quilts being used brings tingles of joy that can't be described...

    Loving the Coffee quilt. Don't tell your hubby, but, I'm Jealous...

    Paul
    www.OutnumberedQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool Bethlehem Star sections. That's going to look really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The guitar quilt looks incredible! I'll be back to see the sudoku quilt - that sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts! I like that coffee quilt for hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment