Atlanta weekend

This past weekend was absolutely fabulous. Some time ago, we had planned on getting together with my best friend and her family for a Braves game. Our kids are big Braves fans (as am I!) so we headed down for a game last Friday night.


Go Bravos!!



Thanks to the uber-fabulous Alisa, our seats were amazing...just up from home base, on the third base side. Our only disappointment was that Chipper Jones and Brian McCann didn't play. But - we did get to see Jose Constanza's first major league hit, which was awesome.

Tanner had noticed him earlier because of his speed - the guy was booking it down the baseline! He decided that he wanted a Constanza jersey because he was impressed that he didn't back down, despite getting out at first at least twice. Right after Tanner told me he wanted the Constanza jersey, the hit came. Nice.

About the same time, the Tomahawk Chops *finally* started... Tanner had gotten a bit worried that they wouldn't do one.  I assured him that we would and, sure enough, they started in about the 7th inning.  The game had been scoreless up to that point, so it was nice to see the crowd come alive.


IMG_3215_edited-1.JPG


Saturday morning, after a significant delay thanks to my dead car battery, Ash and I headed out to Intown Quilters in Decatur, a local quilt store my friend Chris had recommended. Oh-my-word it was fabulous. The LQS's around here are good, but nothing like this. I'm now very jealous of all the quilters in the Atlanta area. Of course, I just *had* to add to my stash...who can leave a fabric store empty handed??

I ended up with four half-yards of Tula Pink's Prince Charming, for a living room quilt, a half yard of some Soul Blossoms for my ever-growing stash of that line, and a half-yard of one of Joel Dewberry's Aviary that will be part of another quilt for Matt, and four LouLouthi fat quarters 'cause I liked them.  :)   I also picked up some Aurifill thread to try, which really wasn't as crazy-expensive as I was expecting given all the hub-bub I'm hearing, some Best Press, because I can't keep my homemade starch from molding, and some embroidery needles.  Still left with a tab of under $100, which was my goal.  Score!!


IMG_3261_edited-1.JPG


After jumping my car yet again at the shop, we headed out to meet some of Ash's friends for lunch, then it was on to Stone Mountain which, unbeknownst to me, had a little amusement park. Matt and I had visited before, while on the way to New Orleans for our honeymoon. Apparently, a lot can change in 14 years...LOL.


IMG_3234_edited-1.JPG



Fun!!

Atop Stone Mountain :)
14-years later...and still schmookies.  :)


I highly recommend the area for good family fun. It was a bit crowded, but not so much that you had to wait for hours to do things. The big hit was the Sky Hike, a contraption you will NEVER find me on. It is a conglomeration of steel, ropes, harnesses, and tracks at death-defying heights - about four stories up - that made me swoon. (Literally - I thought I'd pass out when they first got up there.)


IMG_3239_edited-1.JPG

Although Matt and Trenton got stranded by some lightning in the area, the workers let them come back later, at the head of the line, which was wonderful. The funniest part is how I could hear Trenton, but couldn't understand him. Probably a good thing, because I'm quite certain he was cussing in his own little way.


IMG_3252_edited-1.JPG


All in all, it was a wonderful weekend - even with the car trouble. The kids got along fabulously and the weather was great. We're pretty much hooked on MLB now and are already thinking about our next trip down. We even thought about tweaking our plans and buying last-minute tickets for Sunday's game, but decided it would be far too late getting home.

Thanks, Atlanta, for an awesome weekend!

Photobucket

Comments