WIP Wednesday #10

Ok - I have to admit up front...I have no idea if this is really "#10" or not. And my brain is too fried to look. So, do you trust me? LOL!!!!

Grad school classes started yesterday and I haven't slept well since Sunday. I'm so nervous about taking on such a large responsibility on top of everything else I do.  As I walk around in my half-daze, I am starting to sound like the Little Engine That Could.... "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...". Really.

A little more coffee and everything will be ok, right?   ;o)

I did manage to work on a couple of WIPs this week. With Flipside being quilted, all that is left is the binding. Here is a close-up of the quilting. It was the first time I've used a pantograph and I really liked it. I see many more of these in my future.



IMG_3408_edited-1.JPG


I'm giving it away this weekend...assuming I can actually make myself do it. I desperately want to keep this one for myself. I bought the pattern and supplies fully intending it for me, but while making it, I knew exactly who I needed to give it to. (Sorry - no names, as there's a good chance that she reads my blog.)   :)



IMG_3433_edited-1.JPG


I promise - more pictures will be up next week.  I can't wait for y'all to see the full quilt.  It's gorgeous.

My other main focus for this week has been my Bethlehem Star quilt. I have *finally* put together some diamonds out of the ka-billion strip sets I had made.



IMG_3438_edited-1.JPG



In class this week, my friend Claire taught us how to put in the glow blocks using Y-seams. A new technique for me - and I must say, not as difficult as I imagined.



IMG_3435_edited-1.JPG


This makes two new techniques in this quilt alone - sewing circles and sewing Y-seams. Both were a bit cumbersome, but nothing that couldn't be handled. I love learning new things! (Of course, that may explain the desire for grad school, too.)

My last "WIP" is the 10-for-10 interview series. We started with Interview #1 yesterday and Interview #2 posts tomorrow. And there are giveaways with each one. I hope you'll join us! (You can keep up with all the giveaways on my 10-for-10 page).



10 for 10


Don't forget to link up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced - who just might be one of our upcoming interviewees later this month. *wink, wink*



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



Have a wonderful week, y'all!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. your flipside quilt is beautiful! it's so pretty and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everytime I see that Central Park fabric I wonder if I should splurge and get some. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your Bethlehem Star quilt- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting on the CP! You can do like me, and make two! But admittedly, I'm giving both away - yikes! Next is Terrain! (maybe I'll keep THIS one)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on starting school! You will do fine. As women, we just decide what needs to be done and do it. It's just in us! Flipside looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, starting school, work, kids, a husband and time for quilting! You've got me beat. Great job on Flipside!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabrics you used in your star are just great, it will be amazing when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment