Finished it Friday - #6


Oh my word.

I can't remember the last time I've been this thankful to see a Friday.  Maybe today instead of "Finished it Friday", I should call this post, "I Survived to Friday".   Have you ever had one of those weeks?  You know...like this:
  • Monday:  Kids start school, new work hours (7 am - 6 pm) start.  Sewing class immediately after work, not stopping at home first.  Home about 9.
  • Tuesday:  Day two of 5:50 AM wake-up call.  Half-day grad school orientation.  Work until 6 and meet family at ball practice (where hubby graciously brings me a sandwich).  Oh yeah, and grab groceries en route.  Home about 9.
  • Wednesday: Birthday breakfast at IHOP (yes, IHOP - his choice) for the youngest.  Work all day after not sleeping most of the night.  Straight from work to church where, thankfully, they have dinner before activities.  Home - you guessed it - about 9.
  • Thursday:  Up again at 5:50 - it's not even light yet!  Class all day with a few breaks to run to the office and catch up on work.  Straight to 5:30 birthday dinner at a local restaurant and a ball game.  Massive storm hits before game, we get soaked on the way in only to have them call the game 30 minutes later.  Guess what time I got home?  
At about 4:00 yesterday afternoon, I decided come heck-or-high-water (and the high water nearly happened!) I was going to get some sewing done.  Maybe the storm was God's little gift to me as my parents, who were with us for dinner and the game, took both boys home with them to spend the night and we got to go home early.  That meant a child-free (read: guilt-free) evening with hubby and my sewing machine.

So about an hour later - and I know that because my auto-off iron shut down right before I pressed the last seams - I had these:




ohio star christmas 1




ohio star christmas 2


The Ohio Star was a welcome break from the sometimes complicated other blocks I've been working on.  It's simple and clean, yet looks fabulous with these fabrics.  These are both for my friend Charlene, who is in my 12 Blocks of Christmas bee.  They are a day or two late (due in August), but I'm pretty sure she'll understand.

So tell me - how has your week been??  Are you enjoying the interviews?  Has life been so crazy that you haven't read any?  Don't worry - I've not caught up with all the blogs I follow, either.

Both giveaways are still open at the time of this post.  You can always check the 10-for-10 page for updates and a list of the giveaways that are open.  At least one should be open every day in September, and most days two will be open.  :)

Now - enough rambling.  Show me what you finished this week!!  Remember - a finish is a finish.  Quilt blocks, quilt tops, entire quilts.  Handbags, back packs, lunch sacks.  Skirts, pants, shirts, scarves.  Pin cushions, mug rugs, doll quilts.  What did you check off your to-do list??

Can't wait to see your work!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. sounds like you've had a rough week! Hope your weekend is a little calmer! I am so glad that my daughter went back to once-a-week dance this year instead of cheerleading and my son is too young for football. I'll be linking up later after I get a chance to get some pics... Yay for finishes of any kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm tired just breding about your week! We had a birthday and the first day of school here too this week. I'm hoping now with the kids back in school I will get some more things (*ahem* sewing) done around here. I love your beautiful Christmas blocks! If I had something finished I'd link up. Maybe next week I'll have accomplished a few things by Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow sounds like quite the crazy week alright. i have done a little bit of sewing this week but sadly no finishes. those blocks are lovely and make me want a whole xmas quilt of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember weeks like that when the kids were little - I'm "sew" enjoying these empty nest years :) Glad you get some r & r this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as stressful as your week was, your Ohio Star blocks look fabulous! i adore the one with the deer in the middle, so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment