Finished it Friday #7 - and a question




Finished it Fridays!


Another week.  Another crazy week.  And this one, unfortunately, had no finishes.  Unless of course, I consider my Biostatistics homework.  It only took me all day Sunday.  All. Day.  I even thought about taking a picture and posting it here.  :) 

Hardly any sewing happened here this week.  I did get started on a couple of blocks, but not finished.  Grad school is taking far more time - and brain power - than I imagined. By the time I do get everything done, I have nothing left for my sewing machine.  My solution for now is to set a timer for 30 minutes.  This way I don't get behind on my swap obligations, but I don't feel guilty about losing track of time. I've found sewing is important as it helps me to engage the creative side of my brain and take a break from things like cummulative incidence, disease prevalence, relative risk, normal distributions and the like.  (Ok, ok...I'll stop.)

I will say this - it's interesting to see what can and can't get done in that sliver of time.  Sometimes a block, sometimes binding strips.  Another learning experience, I suppose.  Pretty soon, I'll know exactly what to say when someone asks, "how long did it take you to do that?"... I'll just count up my 30-minute blocks of time.  Thankfully, no stats will be needed for that!

I do have a question for you... I'm thinking of making Finished it Friday a once a month deal. What are your thoughts?   Maybe the first Friday of the month?  It's hard for me to keep up right now, and I think once weekly may have been too ambitious.  Please let me know what you think - this is for YOU, so I want it to work for you.   :o)

In the meantime....let's celebrate!!!  Show us what you've finished!


Photobucket

Happy weekend!!

Comments

  1. I've linked up with my first big finish, yay!

    Unfortunately I'd called it Work In Progess because I linked to WIP first and I didn't think it though when I named it.

    Once a month would suit me but then I'm not very prolific!

    I say do what suits you best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked up my first big project sewn with my new Janome: a backpack for my preschooler. As to a monthly link-up, that works for me since I don't have much time to finish projects these days. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monthly definitely works for me - I didn't have anything finished for this week's party, but I have several new ones for next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new(ish)follower, a month or so but I say do what is best for you. Sounds like you have a full schedule without putting one more deadline on yourself. Once a month is great. I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment