Finished it Friday #9

Another Friday has rolled around...can you believe it?

Finished it Fridays!


I've been out of town this week at a business meeting, but I've had one very important finish...

 


In fact, my term ends today...and while some of you are reading this, I'll be in the middle of handing over the reigns at our annual conference. SoCRA - The Society of Clinical Research Associates - is a 13,500+ member volunteer professional organization and I've had the honor and priveledge to be their President this past year.   I still can't believe it.

And I can't believe it's over.

I'm so sad to see this one go.  I've learned so much...about leadership, teaching others, staying calm, and when to step up.  I've sat through many lectures on leadership in the past, but this past year I was able to put them into practice.  It's been fun and it's been busy.  This week, however, is all about relishing it.  As a thank you during each annual conference, the outgoing President gets the red-carpet treatment.  This is my year.  My family is with me in San Diego, where we enjoyed a limo ride from the airport (a first for my boys)...

Chillin' in the limo

And the Presidential suite.

Presidential Suite...


Still dumbfounded over this one, and I've been here three days!  Three bedrooms, three baths, a living room and dining area with a bar.  Fabulous.

So, quite obviously, on the sewing front, not much happened this week as my sewing machine is about 3,000 miles away.  I finished some bee blocks that were long overdue last weekend, and was able to get them out on Monday.

Both the August and September blocks were Wonky Stars based on this tutorial by the Silly BooDilly.  I think I can count myself as a "pro" on these now.  And I have to admit, they were quite fun and quite easy.  My favorite combination!  :)

wonky-star 1

wonky star 2

wonky star 3

wonky stars 4 and 5


Of course, I'm itching to get back to my sewing space and get going on a few things.  Summit is coming up and I'm so excited!  I've got most of the things I need for my sew-alongs gathered up, just need to pack them.  While there I'll be working on a tote bag, a clutch pouch, and a zippered pouch.  I'm also participating in a charm-square swap.  Can't wait!

But enough about me!!  It's your turn - I'm missing my machine, so I need to live vicariously though you!  Tell me, tell me...what did you finish?



Photobucket

Comments

  1. Great blocks.
    That will be a trip your boys won't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! Look at that room! Looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a fab week! I'm a bit confused. I thought finished it friday was becoming monthly. But as it happens, I do some finishes. I'll be back soon soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing your presidential term! :D It's so nice that they treat you when you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Sounds like a great week. What a fabulous room! Save travels.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bittersweet weekend for you, and how fun for your family to share in it.

    Your blocks are so cute. Great job. Hope the weekend went well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my blocks this weekend and I love them! Thanks for making such cool stars. Looks like a great weekend and so glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wished to thanks for this fantastic examine!! I certainly experiencing each small little bit of it I've you bookmarked to verify out new things you post…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment