Finished it Friday

Hi everyone!

Another week in the books...and boy, am I glad.  Except for class days, I've been home sick every day this week.  And I even missed three classes on Tuesday.  Whatever it is that has me simply won't let go!  Hopefully today will be my last sick day for a while.  I'm fortunate that I don't get sick often, but when I do, it's a doozy.

So - finishes this week?  Believe it or not, I did have a couple.

The first is from Saturday, when I finished this tote bag using an online sewing class by Trish Preston.  (Don't forget about the giveaway - comments are open 'til Monday.) 


tie-front tote


Next up is a quilt top. And, yes, I count quilt tops as finishes.  I say we celebrate every step.   :)


Alice quilt top


The pattern is Alice, by Rita at Red Pepper Quilts and it's for my niece, who turns 16 in January.  I think it is a perfect fit.  I'm debating straight-line quilting on this one, but still a little undecided.  Would love to know your thoughts on that...

Don't forget to link up your finishes below...and here's the new button for your blog!  Just copy the HTML in the box below the button and paste it in your blogpost or sidebar.  Let me know if you have questions!  :)



Photobucket


Have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Congrats on your finishes! I especially like the quilt for your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bag is lovely but i love that quilt for your niece - just can't beat red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is just beautiful. I love the colors you chose. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... I am loving the quilt top, and I adore that tote!!! Both of those are 'sew' lovely!
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Alice quilt. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt top! Sorry I can't help, I really struggle with how to quilt mine and antagonise for days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt, it looks perfect for 16..I would straight line quilt it, by all means. Love the bag too, so neatly done and love the bow ont he front..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment