Jane's Black and White Quilt

Quite some time ago - way back in April, to be exact - I told you all about a black-and-white quilt I had started for my friend, Jane.  Fast forward through too many months (sorry it took so long, girl!) and it's finally finished...


black and white quilt 1


The pattern is Full Swing by Rachel Griffith (which is free at the Fat Quarter Shop, by the way!) and I used a black-and-white bundle from Fabricworm.  The back is a gorgeous fabric I picked up at a almost-local quilt store in Charlotte.  The white is, of course, Kona White, which I buy by the bolt now...LOL!


black and white quilt 2


Jane has been waiting forever for this quilt, and I had hoped to finish it on the road trip to Savannah yesterday, but apparently 5 hours isn't enough to put on binding... oy!!  I was able to finish it this afternoon, though, as she and some others were touring downtown Savannah.


black and white quilt 3


So, when I finished taking pictures, I went upstairs to her room and spread it across her bed. Can't wait to hear her squeal when she sees it. :)


black and white quilt 4


Hope you love it, Jane!
 
Photobucket




Linked up at these parties....


Amy'sCreativeSide{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge CreationsSumo's Sweet Stuff
MakingFresh Poppy DesignThe Stuff of SuccessSomewhat Simple


Comments

  1. My daughter would totally salivate over this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! That was I with the "salivating daughter". I hit the wrong button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bold & dramatic!

    Margaret
    msolomo1@maine.rr.com
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie I think this quilt is fabulous! I've bookmarked this pattern to make with my collection of black and white fabrics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the graphic nature of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic, black and white is so classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie it looks wonderful! But really 5 hours on a binding?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I DO love it, it's gorgeous. So happy to have Such a special thing from such a special friend. The back is so very special as well. Thank you! B&W FTW!!!1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the pattern and the prints you chose. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love! I have to make another black and white quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great quilt! I love the backing fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. charming, a combination of delicate design and color

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt is beautiful. Did you make up the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful quilt, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! It is so pretty! I love black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That is a stunning quilt!! And your photography is gorgeous. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! I am participating in a black, white and grey charm swap this month and I'm even more inspired now that I've seen your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great, fresh quilt in b&w - hope she loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Impressive - This is inspiring me to try some black-and-white! I love your blog name - I thought about naming my blog "Mom's Nine-to-Midnight Quilting", since that's usually when my sewing happens ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love black and white quilts and this one is stunning! Great job. And that fabric on the back is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice job! That is so pretty. What an amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks great! I think I'm going to have to make myself a black and white quilt now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! What a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks spectacular. The black and white are just perfect for showing off the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very bold, so pretty, and you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool and I like your photos! Greetings from Munich

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning! I love the design you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning! I'll bet she was just thrilled with it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful finish! I'm loving the b&w combo--yum! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful friend and surprise! I love it. (I buy Kona white by the bolt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow this is amazingly beautiful, Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
    have a great crafting weekend!
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a pretty quilt. I love the black and white, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for linking to our party, Show and Share #13, come back again this week!

    A mommy's life... with a touch of yellow
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just curious how many fat quarters you used for this? I looked at the pattern and since she didn't use FQ I was wondering how many you used. Thanks and this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment