oh my ... stars!!

I know - what a terrible play on words.  But, I have stars!!  Well, sort of....  I have fully trimmed, ready-to-sew stars.  I finished them last night, so they are now patiently waiting to be sewn so they can join their lonely mama-star in the finished pile.  (Yes, I still technically only have one star finished.)


med star 2




med star 1




baby stars


These are the first set of the Oh My Stars! quilt along and I can't wait to get started on the next set.  They all look so beautiful.


Oh My Stars! (A Quilt-Along)


I've also managed to finish two TwitterB blocks... my last ones, sadly.  I can't believe we've gone through the entire year!   Linda sent a beautiful butterfly fabric, so I played up the aquas and yellows.  She asked for Scrappy Hedgerow Blocks, using Elizabeth Hartman's tutorial. 


twitter block for Linda


Charlene sent some Amy Butler Soul Blossoms and asked for a block using Elizabeth's Mod Mosaic tutorial.   


twitter block for Charlene


I was last in the group, so my fabric went out last week.  I asked the girls to make... wait for it... yes, an Elizabeth Hartman block.  Are you seeing a pattern here?  Hmmmm.

The block I chose was the Paintbox Quilt Blocks.  I sent out some solids based on the "Fresh Tints" palate by designseeds.




I also asked them to make siggy blocks to add to the back.  Can't wait to see what the girls do with it.


School is going well. I actually had a stats-free weekend and it was wonderful. I cleaned out my sewing room closet so my father-in-law could start on making some shelves...and he finished them yesterday! I'll have before and after photos to show soon.

On the yarn front, I still haven't finished my beginner's scarf, but I've started another set of gloves and a Honey Cowl.  I'm using Berroco Boboli.... oh, so soft!!!  I can't wait to get this one finished.  Looks like I'll be keeping my pattern of starting a bazillion projects and finishing none.  Just like my quilting.  :)


Eep!  I love shopping at lunch!


A local shop is having a yarn sale through Friday, so I'm heading out today to see what I can find. I've never been there before, so it should be fun!

Happy Wednesday... don't forget to link up with Lee!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Comments

  1. Your stars really are beautiful and the blocks are lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Honey Cowl is very popular. It seems like you've jumped into knitting feet first! yay! I'm about to start a zip us sweater for my littler guy. I'm playing with Terrain too. Right now I think it's going to be some simple postage stamp blocks but you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of eye candy here - your stars are really pretty - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blocks and I love that palette choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment