spring break!

Two midterms down and a week off.  I swear I felt the stress physically falling off my shoulders yesterday as my classmates gathered for drinks after stats class.  I've been counting the days for this one as classes seem to be at a much faster pace with a heavier workload this semester.  I feel like I've always got my nose in a book, journal article, or other miscellaneous work.


Happy Saturday, y'all.  :/


So tired of constantly having a to-do list.  But for the next 10 days, I don't.  Not a school-related one, at least.

Given the increase in class intensity, and the corresponding decrease in time with my family, my hobby projects have shifted more towards yarn work because it's something I can do while watching TV, etc., with the boys instead of being holed up in a sewing room....despite the fact that I'd *rather* be holed up in my sewing room.

I've had several finishes this month, though none of them are sewing or quilting projects.  I started and completed two cowls, two sets of fingerless gloves, a scarf and a doggie sweater.  It feels so productive to say that!  The scarf and one of the gloves sets were knit...a new hobby that I'm quickly falling in love with.  Here are a couple of photos of the crocheted projects. 




Scarf finished!  :)




Finished my cowl last night!


The cowl at the bottom is my favorite and I get tons of compliments each time I wear it.  It's a simple half-double crochet stitch done in the round.  I used two strands of Malabrigo worsted as the pattern called for a chunky yarn.  Two skeins and two evenings later, I was done (and that included pulling it out once halfway through because I didn't make it long enough!)  So.  Very.  Easy.   In fact, the pattern is called "Effortless Cowl" and the name certainly fits.

With my break finally here, and having Monday and Tuesday off from work, I have all sorts of pie-in-the-sky ideas about the many things I'd like to work on.  Truthfully, though, I'm seriously considering spending all day Monday in bed.  Yes, all day.  An alternative may be to spend the day at my best friend's lake house...but even then I may not get out of bed, unless it's to go sit on the boat dock for a while.  Doing nothing sounds so heavenly.

Other than that, though, I hope to cut several more Oh My Stars sets so I can organize them for some quick sewing once classes start up again.  I'm also starting to receive some TwitterB blocks (last month was my month) and I want to play with them a bit.  So fun to receive happy little packages.  I need to get some things painted for my sewing room, too.

Regardless of what projects I end up working on, I'm going to relish this time off, catch up with my online (and real life!) friends, and just sit and enjoy life a bit.  Spring break looks a lot different at 39 than it did at 21.

Enjoy your weekend!!



Comments

  1. Love the cowl!
    And so glad you are enjoying the pillow!
    Enjoy your Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that cowl. It makes me miss the cold weather of the north. Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what great project! you may have to have a class. Im all thumbs and would love to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! It's time to celebrate! Socks, socks, it's time to start some socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAIT! THAT is your to do list? My to do list says to make mine more organized and beautiful! I mean, that is so organized. way to go you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment