WIP Wednesday - another great week!

I'm guessing I should start numbering these, huh? :)

This has been another wonderfully productive week.  I have to say that it is such a relief to have the projects slowly whittled away.  I feel much less stressed about my to-do list, which is great considering quilting is supposed to be my stress reliever, not a stress creator. 

OK, enough babbling you say?  On to the stuff you're here for... progress reports!!!

Jenn's Sudoku Quilt - ladies (and gentlemen)... this baby is DONE! Come back Friday for a full report.  I haven't presented it to the owner yet, so I don't want to post a lot of pictures here.  I will give you a little teaser, though.  :)



IMG_3160_edited-1.JPG


I'm also going to start a Friday linky-party this week, called Finished It Fridays.  So...really...come back, check it out, and link your own finished projects!  :)

Sierra's Quilt - I finished up the blocks on this one last week, and finally got around to piecing the top.



IMG_3193_edited-1.JPG


And here they are auditioning for the layout...



IMG_3203_edited-1.JPG


These are the first pictures I've posted on this project. It's become one of my favorites. The pattern is Alice by the fabulous Rita of Red Pepper Quilts. The fabric is Kona white paired with a Fabricworm half-yard bundle I purchased back at Christmas. (Yes, shameful to take this long...I know.)  I managed to get the rows together last night.  I'm thinking of straight-line quilting this one, in true Rita style.  :)

No Progress this week:
  • Mexican Star Quilt
  • Bethlehem Star Quilt
  • Jane's B&W Quilt
  • Flipside Quilt
  • Guitar Quilt
Since I've finished the Sudoku quilt, I'll be working on the binding for the Guitar Quilt.  Trenton's birthday is August 31st, so I need to have it ready.  

New Projects:

Yeah, I know - I wasn't supposed to do this, but I couldn't help myself.  I'm in the midst of a bow tie block swap, and have signed up for 40.  They are too fun and too easy!  (And there is still time to sign up if you want to jump in - check out our flickr group.)

Here they are, all chain pieced.  Next up - trimming.



IMG_3177_edited-1.JPG


And finally, for kicks and giggles, I've jumped in to the We Love French Knots craze. But more about that next week.




IMG_3205_edited-1.JPG


Don't forget - One of my followers will win a Flurry charm pack on August 1st. Will it be you?
(No comment required - all followers are automatically entered.)


Happy Wednesday, y'all - enjoy your week!




WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



Photobucket

Comments

  1. Your Finished It Fridays sounds a lot like my Finishing School Friday on my blog. Such a helpful thing to pause and take stock in what we've created as too often we only notice what we DON'T have done.

    Red Pepper Quilts always has such great ideas for us to borrow/steal/learn from, and your fun quilt is no exception. It's really coming along and looks great!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Check out Sierra's Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like where Sierra's quilt is headed. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Sierra's quilt, great pop from the colors! I've also jumped on the We Love French Knots train, had been thinking about getting back into embroidery for a few months so Bari's new site was the perfect kick to get me there. Can't wait to see your progress on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment